Methodology for publishing articles in Scopus
Scopus is the international scientific bibliographic and abstract database of the Elsevier publishing house, which contains more than 50 million articles. Based on this base, one of the leading international scientific citation indices has been formed.
Publications in Scopus are a prerequisite for obtaining an academic degree and academic title, participating in prestigious international scientific programs, and obtaining development grants in Russia and abroad. The presence of articles in authoritative editions of Scopus is very important for the formation of a serious reputation of the author in the scientific community. The decree of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation says that publications in Scopus are one of the main criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of research institutes and universities. Publications in this scientific base are equated with publications in publications included in the list of Higher Attestation Commission.
Indexing an article in Scopus
The Scopus Citation Index is one of the main internationally recognized criteria for evaluating the performance of scientists and research teams.
Publishing an article in the database with subsequent indexing allows you to:
- demonstrate the results of your work in the global scientific community,
- exchange the latest scientific data with other authors,
- find like-minded people in different parts of the world for fruitful cooperation,
- Form professional communication.
Thus, publications in Scopus contribute to the development of copyrighted scientific works and science in general. The scientist gets the opportunity to declare the results of his scientific work to the whole world, increase his authority in science, take part in prestigious international programs, apply for funding research and development. Also, publications in Scopus allow scientists to easily exchange information and contribute to the development of scientific topics and modern science in general.
Steps for publishing on Scopus
The first thing you need to pay attention to is that materials for publication in Scopus are accepted mainly in English. If the article is published in another language, it must have an English annotation. When translating an article into English, it is necessary to adhere to a scientific style and high-quality translation.
To successfully publish articles in Scopus magazines, you must go through the following steps:
- Choose the appropriate magazine indexed in Scopus, according to the subject of the article. Sometimes the editorial board rejects the publication as “not relevant to the subject of the magazine,” so it’s important to carefully select the publisher and not fall for “predators”.
- Carefully read the requirements of the publication and prepare their materials accordingly.
- Submit the article for consideration in the journal. This can be done via e-mail or online application through a special information system with which the publisher works. Typically, such applications are filled in English
- Get a scientific review of the article and make corrections, if there are such recommendations.
- Conclude an agreement with the publishing house on the transfer of rights for the publication of a scientific article.
- Wait for the publication of the article and its indexing in the Scopus database. Then monitor the citation of the article, which will help evaluate the interest in it in the scientific community.